Saturday, August 20, 2016

One Month Already!

"Time flies when you're having fun." I guess I've been having a lot of fun, because it doesn't feel like a month at all! Some highlights from the last few weeks have been going swimming in an area that locals usually only swim, so I got some stares. Overall, it was super fun, because there were many kids and I got to talk with them all, practice a little bit of Visaya, and just play with them.


Another fun thing this week was intramurals with school. Intrams are like sports, but the entire school is split into 7 different teams (barangays), and different people do sports representing their barangay. I did the 4x4 relay and my team got the gold medal! I was part of barangay super kidlat, which is a Filipino super hero, and we got 2nd place overall. Another nice thing about intrams is that there is no class for a week! you just have to come for attendance and watch your team, or compete if you are an athlete. 

My classmates and I in our terrible orange barangay shirts. hahaha
The last thing I want to highlight is a photo shoot my ate did for me. She loves taking pictures, so one day we were bored, and decided we should take some pictures. Although there are so many of them I want to post, I'll just share my favorites.


I have enjoyed has been tasting some street foods, like queck queck, tempura, and maybe other things that I don't remember the names. I have watched BFG and Suicide Squad with friends and my ate, and both were great of course. And then I have been able to go to two fiestas! I went to one with a teacher of mine, and another with my family. Basically we just eat a lot, but I love it. And last but not least, I tried karaoke! Me and some of the local AFS volunteers went and did karaoke one night, and it was fun, and not nearly as public as I thought it would be. 

So, There is my 1 month update! I hope you enjoyed reading and will watch for more updates!

1 comment:

  1. Loved your last post. I actually stare at every picture. Elisa, the pictures are beautiful. We pray for you, and know that God's plan is so great. Love you very much. Grammy

    ReplyDelete