Sunday, July 3, 2016

Exciting News!

So, a couple of days ago, I received my host family Information. I will be living in Tagbilaran City on the island of Bohol in the central Visayas region. This is one of the most beautiful islands, by the way. My city is the capitol of the island, and is located in the Southwestern part of the island. I am super excited to make "The City of Friendship" my home!


And my family! I have been in contact with my loving host mother, and a bit with my super sweet host sister, and they are both so nice! I will have one host sister and my host parents. They are a Catholic family, so I will be able to experience first hand the Catholic traditions of the Philippines. I will be attending the same Catholic school as my host sister. I am super excited to meet them and spend 10 months with my second family!

A map of the Philippines. (Tagbilaran City is just below Cebu)

The Sandugo Festival, which takes place in Tagbilaran city!

5 comments:

  1. So interesting Elisa..love reading about your new home. I am so excited to see you excited also. Only a few more days and you will meet your new family. You will be such a good "daughter". love you darling, and continue to pray. Gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I am going to be an exchange student with the CBYX program, and I love your blog name! Would you mind if I maybe used that idea (5,620 miles for me) as my blog/vlog name? Thanks so much, and have a wonderful year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I just saw this! I am no longer on exchange because of Healy problems. How is cbyx?

      Delete
    2. Haha I just saw this! I am no longer on exchange because of Healy problems. How is cbyx?

      Delete
    3. Haha I just saw this! I am no longer on exchange because of Healy problems. How is cbyx?

      Delete